Official Puppet course: Puppet Practitioner
Heinlein Akademie Berlin
6th-8th December 2021
ATIX AG Munich
13th-15th December 2021
Linuxhotel Villa Vogelsang
29th November - 1st December 2021
Puppet Practitioner is a three-day official course where the participants learn how to optimally manage their Puppet infrastructure and how to create, use, and maintain modules based on best practices.
This course is designed for participants who already have experience with Puppet and want to expand their knowledge, such as experienced system administrators and professional DevOps with a solid understanding of configuration management strategies. Participants should have completed the “Getting started with Puppet” course or gained the appropriate practical experience with Puppet.
The courses are held in German. Courses in English can be provided on request.
In this course, participants are shown several ways to solve tasks with Puppet, detailing which solution is best suited for a particular situation, building their own modules and extending existing modules from the Puppet Forge.
- More advanced Puppet DSL constructs that can be used to write elegant code
- Use of data structures
- Use of custom facts to collect information from nodes
- Module design based on concepts such as modularity and combinability
- Methods for testing the Puppet code and infrastructure
- Standard log files and troubleshooting techniques
- The Roles and Profiles design pattern and its advantages
- Different methods to manage files
- Why the anchor pattern is present and when to use either it or the contain function
- Creation of general modules and how to publish them on the Puppet Forge
Get more info on our trainings
Contact us to order or request info on the Official Puppet courses, our trainings or custom workshops